To schedule the Klammers for a courtesy trial seminar for your non-profit or civic organization:
The following are just limited example of some of the firm’s successes. Obviously, past results do not guarantee future results and every case must be evaluated on its merits.
As to personal injury and wrongful death matters, these cases present some of the more sensitive disputes that our office handles. We have a policy of holding confidential the specific details of the resolution of these very private matters of our clients. That said, we have successfully handled matters from the least significant automobile accident injuries to the most significant cases involving loss of life, including a recent $1.2 million settlement of a wrongful death incident which was the result of the negligence of an over the road trucker.
We have experienced great successes outside the personal injury and criminal defense arena as well. Most recently, we represented a local family owned corporation as a plaintiff in a breach of contract lawsuit. The lawsuit had very real challenges, but we nonetheless successfully settled the matter for in excess of $1 million for our client. We are so very proud of this as well as our various other successes. You will see some more evidence of our accomplishments below. As always, Contact Us directly to discuss how any of our experiences and successes might help you.
Darya Klammer is Certified as a Specialist in the Family Law by the Ohio State Bar Association.
To read an actual news story about Ms. Darya Klammer's Certification as a Specialist in Family Law by the Ohio State Bar Association:
- Klammer certified as family law specialist (PDF, 152Kb)
Mayor wins in lawsuit against City Council.
Attorney Joseph (Randy) Klammer successfully represented Willoughby Hills Mayor Bob Weger in a constitutional dispute with the Willoughby Hills City Council. After a multiple day trial, the Judge found the Council's actions "illegal, unenforceable and null and void." To read the actual news story:
Joseph R. (Randy) Klammer, awarded the President's Award from the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
There are so many dedicated lawyers in Ohio committed to a variety of criminal justice issues. Mr. Klammer is honored to be counted among them.
Rape case "no billed" by Grand Jury.
The firm was successful in achieving a "no bill" from a Grand Jury considering a Rape allegation against an Ohio man. After a rushed arrested only minutes after a consensual romantic encounter and jail incarceration for days, the firm would develop both the evidence and arguments necessary to convince the Grand Jury to later "no bill" the case against the suspect for lack of probable cause.
Joseph Randy Klammer, speaks at 2008 Superstars Seminar for the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Mr. Klammer was privileged to speak at the 2008 Superstars Seminar regarding innovative ways to find and present sentencing arguments as relating to similar sentences for similar offenders.
To read an actual news story about Joseph R. “Randy” Klammer's successful jury trial defense of a local homeowners association treasurer charged in three separate cases:
To read Joseph R. “Randy” Klammer’s Ohio State Bar Association article on the failures of touch DNA evidence:
- Is “Touch DNA” Precisely the Opposite? (PDF, 1.5Mb)
To read the news story with Joseph R. (Randy) Klammer’s expert opinion on the dangers of enlarging the statute of limitations for rape in Ohio:
Kidnapping and felonious assault case dismissed without indictment due to Ambien Amnesia condition.
The firm was successful in explaining to the County Prosecutor that the client’s behavior the night of the incident was directly related to a condition known as Ambien Amnesia. After months of negotiations, the firm demonstrated that the evidence would show that within minutes of ingesting the sleep aid, the client engaged in confusing behavior such as riding a children’s bicycle with a flat tire down the street in the early morning hours. Because the seriousness of the alleged offense, the government took considerable time to understand the facts and would ultimately write that charges could not be established by admissible evidence.
To read the actual news story about the firm's successful defense of murder, felony murder and felonious assault indictment:
- Murder Acquittal (PDF, 178Kb)
To read the law article co-authored by Darya Klammer about court ordered psychological testing in child custody and visitation cases:
- Psychological Testing (PDF, 115Kb)
To read an actual news article about the firm’s successful attempted murder jury trial defense:
- Attempted murder acquittal (PDF, 287Kb)
Rape charges with potential life in prison hung jury – resolved as misdemeanor with not admission of guilt.
- The firm was successful in achieving a hung jury on at trial on multiple counts of rape, some of which carry potential life in prison. The government then dismissed all the felonies. The client resolved the matter with one misdemeanor charge and no admission of wrongdoing.
Life without parole rape case success.
- The firm was successful at jury trial in defending a 24 count indictment which included 8 counts of rape which carried the penalty of life without the possibility of parole, as well as a number of other rape counts and related sex offense charges. The defendant was convicted of only one lesser incident and that will be the subject of appeal.
Potential life in prison rape case dismissed entirely.
- The firm was successful in explaining in convincing the County Prosecutor that the child complaining witness was presenting a story that was not believable. With a defense investigator who interviewed witnesses, created an extensive timeline, and detailed the alleged scene of the multiple rapes, it became apparent that the story was not true. The government elected to not pursue any charges at all.
Tampering case "no billed" by Grand Jury.
- The firm was successful in seeing the Grand Jury issue a no charges "no bill" in a case involving a government official accused of mishandling documents.
No charges in alleged unauthorized use of L.E.A.D.S. by police officer.
- The firm was successful in convincing the county prosecutor to not pursuing any charges against a law enforcement officer wrongfully accused of misusing the Law Enforcement Automated Data System (L.E.A.D.S.).
Juvenile rape charges avoided.
- Attorney Joseph (Randy) Klammer was successful in seeing that a local young man avoided any criminal charges. The young man was falsely accused of rape by a classmate. While it seemed initially that criminal delinquency charges were inevitable. The prosecutor agreed not pursue any charges at all.
Rape case negotiated to Misdemeanor of the Third Degree with No Jail.
- The firm was successful in resolving a multiple count sex offense case to one count misdemeanor of the third degree. The defendant was permitted to enter a special plea referred to as an Alford Plea which allows him to accept the misdemeanor while also maintaining his innocence. He received no incarceration.
Rape case negotiated to Child Endangering with No Jail.
- The firm was successful in resolving a multiple count sex offense case to one count of child endangering. The defendant was permitted to enter a special plea referred to as an Alford Plea which allows him to accept the child endangering while also maintaining his innocence. He received no incarceration.
Juvenile rape charged dismissed.
- The firm was successful in securing the dismissal of a rape charge against a local high school boy who had been wrongfully accused of rape by a classmate.
To read an actual news article about the firm’s successful illegal process drug documents jury trial defense:
- Drug charge acquittal (PDF, 196Kb)
To read an actual news article about the firm’s attack on unconstitutional land use zoning:
- Concord rezoning (PDF, 196Kb)
To read an actual news article about Ms. Darya Klammer's appeal defense of an aggravated murder matter:
- Chester township murder (PDF, 203Kb)
To read an actual news article about the firm’s representation of victims of a promissory note scam:
- Security scams (PDF, 146Kb)
To read an actual news article about the firms successful defense of a rape allegation:
- Rape charge dismissal (PDF, 13Kb)
To read about the Klammers' leadership roles in the community:
- Klammers Take Leadership Roles in Our Local Community (PDF, 52Kb)
To read an actual news story about the firms successful defense of a felony drug trafficking indictment:
- Drug Trafficking charge acquittal (PDF, 152Kb)
To read Joseph R. "Randy" Klammer's Ohio State Bar Association article on the bucket handle and corner factures in child abuse cases:
To read Joseph R. "Randy" Klammer's article on the bucket handle and corner fracture (Classic Metaphyseal Lesion) in child abuse cases:
To read Joseph R. "Randy" Klammer's Ohio State Bar Association article on how the popular law enforcement interrogation technique leads innocent people to confess:
- Yes, innocent people do confess (PDF, 1.2Mb)
To read Joseph R. "Randy" Klammer's Ohio State Bar Association article on Ohio's recently passed Senate Bill 66 which expands expungement, sealing of convictions, treatment in lieu, and creates other sentencing options:
- Ohio SB 66 Expands Expungement Eligibility (PDF, 4.4Mb)
To read how six year old Mason Klammer reveals his own talents as an author sharing secrets of kindergarten in his self-published book: "Kindergarten Secrets Revealed!":
- Available through www.lulu.com
To see the cover of the Lake Legal Views that Joseph R. "Randy" Klammer shares with his father, Judge Ted Klammer:
- Lake Legal Views (PDF, 500Kb)
- Available through Amazon
To read about Joseph R."Randy" Klammer's work with the United Way:
- Lake County attorneys giving back to United Way (PDF, 26Kb)
To read an actual news article about Mrs. Darya Klammer's thoughts on prenuptial agreements in Ohio:
- Poll shows increase in prenuptial agreements (PDF, 53Kb)
Ohio State Bar Association; Solo, Small Firms and General Practice News Vol. 20, Issue 3, Fall 2010:
- Long Live the General Practitioner (PDF, 233Kb)
To read the actual Warrant of Pardon from Governor Strickland for a Klammer Law Office client:
- Governor's Pardon (PDF, 21Kb)
To read "Protecting the Innocent from Misidentification and Wrongful Convictions" Ohio State Bar Association; Solo, Small Firms and General Practice News Vol. 21, Issue 3, Summer 2011:
To read an actual news article wherein Joseph R. "Randy" Klammer offers comment on the Insanity Defense in Ohio:
- Insanity Defense Commentary (PDF, 85Kb)
Criminal Law Update. Ohio State Bar Association; Solo, Small Firms and General Practice News Vol. 22, Issue 1, Spring 2012.
- Ohio State Bar Association Criminal Case Update (PDF, 342Kb)
We remind the reader that every case is different. While these case examples are meaningful to us, they should not be taken as a promise for a certain result in your case. Be sure to talk with us in detail about all the facts of your case so we can see if we can help.